ASIFA-SF’s Annual Winter Screening & Party
Sunday, January 13 6pm at Oddball Films
Come celebrate, network, eat, drink and laugh. ASIFA-SF will provide the basics. Please feel free to add to the treats. Once again this looks like a great evening of films by local artists and friends from around the globe. Anyone is welcome to bring your animated/special effects work unannounced the night of the show on DVD or 16 mm and we will show it.
The night’s show will include:
- David Chai’s A Knock on My Door, a biographical tale about his father’s experience growing up during the Korean War and his struggles moving to America.
- Tony Claar plans to premiere Whim Cycles.
- Gene Hamm was asked to animate one of Keith Knight’s comic strips. He will show it plus new work by his Alchemia students
- Michael Ocelot creates charming work in France using silhouette animation.
- Peter Parr’s Summer Dream, music by Debussy. Peter founded the animation
program at Bournemouth College in England.
- Plus a selection of grand prize winners from past Zagreb Animation Festivals including:
Jumping, Osamu Tezuka, 1984, Japan; Mt. Head, Koji Yamamura, 2002, Japan
Diary, Nedeljko Dragic, 1974, Yugoslavia; The Wrong Trousers, Nick Park, 1993, UK
Dreams and Desires, Joanna Quinn, 2006, UK…
We could go on—the party surely will—hope to see you there! Its an easy walk from the 16th street BART, so skip the parking and c’mon down—We always enjoy a really fine evening!
Oddball Films, 275 Capp St, third floor (between Mission and South Van Ness)
FREE, bring a friend, films start around 7:30